Stag Do Rules - With Printable Contract
The group of lads getting together for the last big night out, we're of course talking about the stag do.
But there's some rules that you need to follow to make sure that it's a good night.
If you and your mates have got a good sense of humour and are looking forward to making it a night to remember, here's some ideas for stag party rules that will ensure it goes off with a bang!
The rules are easy to follow, but must be adhered to at all times. Punishments can include fines and of course, those stag do forfeits that nobody wants to do.
If you're looking for ideas on how to survive the stag party, following these rules are to be considered.
- You do not talk about the stag do
- YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE STAG DO!
- I will not complain about anything
- I shall act like I am interested in Dave's conversation, no matter how boring he is.
- I shall not engage in talking about politics, history, or any other topic everyone else finds boring but I like.
- I shall make sure the stag always has at least one drink in his hand at all times.
- Unless messaging people in the group or taking photos, phones should not be used to communicate with the "outside world".
- I shall not take incriminating photos of the stag or group and post them on public social media (that's what the stag's whatsapp group is for!)
I shall comply with all rules, including the dress code, call people by their designated nicknames & partake in all games, and agree that failure to do so will result in a forfeit.
If you've been put in charge of planning the stag do, these rules with the downloadable contract will get the night off with a bang.
You can check out the printable stag rules at the bottom of the page, and print out the contract sheet.
Let's take a look at the rules in a bit more detail.
1. You do not talk about the stag do
What happens on the stag, stays on the stag.
2. YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE STAG DO
So important, it needs to be mentioned twice. It's lads on tour, stags on tour. What happens on tour, stays on tour.
3. I will not complain about anything
We all know that guy that no matter what happens, he complains. Don't be that guy. Someone has probably gone to a lot of trouble to organise something, you've done nothing and just rocked up.
If there's some stag do games, get involved in them and don't take it too seriously.
Don't whinge about anything!
4. I shall act like I am interested in Dave's conversation, no matter how boring he is.
If you don't have a mate who talks about boring stuff, you'll probably meet one on a stag night.
Dave usually talks about work, how he hates married life or how his kids cost him a fortune.
Just smile, nod and pretend like you're listening.
5. I shall not engage in talking about politics, history, or any other topic everyone else finds boring but I like.
If there's one night off you can have from the boring, serious or political stuff, it's on a stag night. Don't bring that kind of conversation to a stag party.
Yes, it's important, we get it. Now have one night off, for everybody's sake!
6. I shall make sure the stag always has at least one drink in his hand at all times.
It's the stag's big night, and it's tradition that he's the most drunk in the group. You can't let him go dry, so you have to make sure he's always got a drink in his hand.
If he's not buying, then get him one, get the shots in, or do something to make sure that he's having a good time.
7. Unless messaging people in the group or taking photos, phones should not be used to communicate with the "outside world".
Don't be the guy who's on his phone staring at his screen for most of the night. Be present, be in the moment.
Nobody outside the group really cares about what Dave has just done with a traffic cone.
I shall not take incriminating photos of the stag or group and post them on public social media (that's what the stag's whatsapp group is for!)
Do you know what happens on a stag do? Nope! and that's the way it should remain. If you're on the stag night, then have fun, take some photos for you and the others, but that's all.
You don't need to spend the night updating everyone on social media letting everyone know how it's going, taking incriminating photos of the stag or others who are out with you.
There's always the Whatsapp group which you're in with the other stags to share photos, if you really can't help yourself.
And there you have it! Some basic rules which are easy for everyone to follow on the stag night.
Below you'll find a fun and useful contract. Feel free to download this for free, and print it out.
You can find more stag do ideas here, which will make it a very memorable night for all involved.
You can download the PDF Stag Contract here.